Start a new topic

LMS / Squeezelite Support

There are thousands of Logitech Media Server users out there, with a very active forum dedicated to its use.  It would be great if  Squeezelite support were added to the WiiM Mini to make it a native LMS client, with the full feature set.

https://github.com/ralph-irving/squeezelite

Thanks.

12 people like this idea

Great idea!

3 people like this
That would be great. Then I'd buy one.

4 people like this

Squeezelite support would be a great thing!

5 people like this

Would buy several if there it supported Squeezelite also

5 people like this
Yes. This would be great. I would be very interested as well

4 people like this

Please do it !!!

4 people like this

This would be a terrific addition!!

4 people like this

This would be a terrific addition!

3 people like this
I would really like to have native support for LMS with squeezelite. There are many who currently use RPI to stream music, and cope with managing Linux. I far prefer to refer them to the wiim which is a very stable device with many features. Squeezebox forum referred me here.

4 people like this

I'm another Squeezebox/LMS user who would probably buy one or two WiiM streamers if they supported Squeezelite.  Would be simpler to set up, and more cost effective since Raspberry Pi boards are so expensive and hard to come by right now.  My whole music player system is currently based on LMS/Squeezelite players right now and I have no intention of moving away from that system.

2 people like this

Hi,

We tried WiiM Mini with LMS. It seems it works as is. Here are the two screenshots for your reference. Please help try the WiiM Mini with LMS from your ends and would like to hear your experience.

^ Can you check your "Settings" > "Plugins" tab to see if the "UPnP/DLNA bridge" is installed?  If so, that will allow LMS to play to a WiiM Mini, however, it may not have all the functionality of Squeezelite integration.  Gapless playback and synchronization with other Squeezebox players are two areas that often fail.  Thanks.

3 people like this

Hi Mike, thank you for your prompt response. The latest firmware of the WiiM Mini supports gapless playback with LMS. We have verified it in our side. If possible, please help try it on your side. 

@WiiM Support: Yes, the Mini has always supported LMS via the UPnP Bridge, but it won't synch with other Squeezebox/Squeezelite clients without native protocol support.

BTW, try the Material Skin with LMS - it's a much more modern UI.

3 people like this
Login or Signup to post a comment