Gapless playback from Amazon app

Posted 4 months by Carmine Cristallo

Post a topic
In Progress
C
Carmine Cristallo

Hi!

Amazon playback via the Amazon Music app is currently not gapless - as a matter of fact, there's quite a big gap between songs. I know the Wiim App supports gapless playback on Amazon, but it would be great if it could be supported even when casting to the Wiim Mini via the Amazon Music app. Thank you!

3 Votes

12 Comments

Sorted by
L

Lindsay McNair posted 27 days

I also now have gapless playback with Amazon Ultra HD and I see the 10 band EQ has arrived for Android. The WiiM mini continues to get better and better!

2 Votes

W

WiiM Support posted about 1 month

Hi Michael, thank you very much for your message and it means a lot to our team. Please feel free to let us know if there're any problems and suggestion with the product. Enjoy listening!

2 Votes

M

MICHAEL MACDOUGALL posted about 1 month

Congratulations to Wiim customer support. I provided them with my Mac address for my Wiim and they sent me beta software for the unit. I now have gapless playback on Amazon music when listening to ultra high DEF music. I’m not sure when other units will be updated but it sure works on mine.  I am very pleased that I chose WiiM for my streaming device. 

1 Votes

M

MICHAEL MACDOUGALL posted about 1 month

I turned off the toggle switch for HD/UHD in the control panel and yes it does do gapless playback. I am glad they are working on the problem and I’m very pleased with customer support at Wiim. 

0 Votes

L

Lindsay McNair posted 2 months

Thanks for the prompt reply. I wondered if this was the current situation and it's great to hear you are working on it. As I said I'm really impressed with the WiiM mini. Such an economical way to upgrade a hi-fi system to hi-res (particularly when using Amazon HD/UHD.

0 Votes

W

WiiM Support posted 2 months

Hi Lindsay, Amazon Music HD/UHD doesn't support gapless on either WiiM App or Amazon App. We're working on it now and hope to enable it next month.This's one of highest priority tasks we're working on. However, Amazon Music SD from WiiM App does support gapless playback and has been enabled for quite a few months. It's not ideal and sorry for the confusion caused. 

1 Votes

L

I did read the posts above and Carmine Cristallo suggests that the WiiM app supports hapless playback on Amazon. This hasn't been my experience. Perhaps gapless playback on Amazon is not supported at all on the WiiM mini and WiiM support are working on it?

0 Votes

H

HappyWiiMuser posted 2 months

Hi Lindsay, have you read the posts above yours?

0 Votes

L

Just bought a WiiM mini and I'm really impressed. However I have noticed very clear gaps in playback on Amazon Music (both within WiiM app and when casting from the Amazon app). Is this normal?

0 Votes

H

HappyWiiMuser posted 4 months

Great news WiiM Support ! 

The Amazon Music UHD update is a game changer when we finally get it.

There's no other streamer where we can cast up to 24/192 bit perfect, straight from Amazon Music app.

Keep up the great work

You will sell many many once this Amazon Music UHD update comes :-)

But yes, gapless is really important. Hope you can make gapless better next step

Good work

0 Votes

W

WiiM Support posted 4 months

Thanks for your suggestions and patience. As soon as we completed the Amazon Music Ultra HD, we'll work on this. Hopefully, we can make it available by the end of next month. Please stay tuned!

4 Votes

H

HappyWiiMuser posted 4 months

Yes agreed.

I really need this feature.

Streaming a DJ mix from Amazon Music app is very painful with 2 second gaps between tracks.

1 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment