Support for Fire Tablet

Posted 5 months by Ronald Adams

Post a topic
R
Ronald Adams

Would like to see support for Amazon Fire Tablets.  I have to use my android phone to stream when I could be using larger tablet.  Larger screen makes using Amazon much easier and it interfaces better with Alexa.

5 Votes

13 Comments

Sorted by
J

Jack Castella Sr posted about 1 month

Just searched Wiim on play store and found several links. Working for me. You can also look at AudioPro, Legacy WiiM, and AudioCast S. They all work but WiiM Home is latest and best. Screenshot attached.

0 Votes

T

TimCh posted about 1 month

Hmm, I have loaded the Google Play store when I search for the Wiim Home app it doesn't even show up.

0 Votes

J

Jack Castella Sr posted about 1 month

2021 Fire HD 10 Plus. Side loaded Google Play store and have several Wiim and similar apps working fine. Same is true on my 2019 Fire HD 10. Still no Pandora though!

0 Votes

T

Tom Matthews posted about 1 month

It works on my 2020 Fire HD 8.

0 Votes

T

TimCh posted about 1 month

Did not work a few weeks ago when I tried it on a 2019 Fire HD10

0 Votes

T

I found a workaround that enables use of the WiiM Home app on the Fire HD 8.  You need to sideload the Google Play Store on to your Amazon tablet and then download the Wiim app from there. So far, it is working great on my Fire tablet.  Google "sideload fire hd 8" and you fill find many how-to articles; I used the first one listed.

0 Votes

T

Count me in for wanting WiiM app support for the Fire HD 8.

0 Votes

T

TimCh posted 2 months

I think mine is a 2019 Fire HD 10 it does not work on this device running fire os 5.

0 Votes

P

Pete Bready posted 2 months

On my Fire HD 10 Pro, I can cast to my Wiim Mini via the Cog/Settings" icon then "Connect to a Device"

0 Votes

T

TimCh posted 2 months

The fire hd10 tablet cannot see any of the wiim devices and cannot control playback at all from amazon music. It can only playback locqlly on the tablet. Please add wiim home app for Amazon tablets.

0 Votes

P

Pete Bready posted 3 months

Yeah, I'd like that too as it might enable me to run the app under the Windows 11 subsystem for android

0 Votes

d

don don dredd posted 4 months

Wiim home app for fire tablets would be nice

0 Votes

W

WiiM Support posted 4 months

Hi Ronald,

After you setup your Alexa account with WiiM Mini on WiiM Home App, you can use the native Amazon Music or Alexa App on Fire Tablets to control and stream music to Mini. Please let us know if it works for you.

Meanwhile, we'll provide WiiM Home App running on Fire Tablets in Q3, 22. Please stay tuned!

Best,

WiiM Support    

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment